This house was built by James Ingram in 1814. At the time he lived at The Elms with his mother and two sisters. They were so unpleasant to his new wife that he built Albert Villa (as Norton House was first called) for his mother and sisters to live in and give him some peace!
By 1870 we find Samuel Thacker living there as he did for the next 40 years. For eight years it was a school until Mr Jukes purchased it in 1950.
The earlier history of the house is less clear but it seems that Norton House was preceded by a house called Starlings and that another cottage Sheathers lay between it and the churchyard.
Click on any image below to view