Court House

IMG_1833_edited.jpg



Court House


With Hillside, Down House and Challoners, Court House was one of the four farmhouses of Rottingdean, being the base for Court Farm, whose barns were generally in the area of Tudor Close.


Like the neighbouring Down House, the house was refaced in Georgian times with squared, knapped, flints to produce a more impressive frontage.


From 1915, Court House was the residence of Dr Lishman and his successor Dr Webster, hence the name ‘Doctor’s Hill’ being applied to this corner of Rottingdean.

Click on any image below to view

Tel: 01273 301004

rottingdeanheritage.org.uk

Rottingdean Heritage, The Green, 
Rottingdean, East Sussex, BN2 7HA
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram

Web Design by

Crown Splash_logo_web_600px.jpg
 © 2021 Rottingdean Heritage